Re: Few questions to the american ISPs [Re: DDOS anecdotes]

  • From: Christopher A. Woodfield
  • Date: Sat Jun 23 20:59:56 2001

At a conference in late 1999, UUNet announced that they had anti-spoof
filters in place on their dialup ports. Not that that amount to much in
contrast to teh amount of spoofed DDOS traffic from cable providers, mind
you...IIRC, it's the cable providers that need to put up the anti-spoofing
filters the most.

-C

--
Christopher A. Woodfield		rekoil@semihuman.com