RE: DDOS anecdotes

  • From: Tim Devries
  • Date: Sat Jun 23 13:58:30 2001

Title: RE: DDOS anecdotes

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-nanog@merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog@merit.edu]On Behalf Of
> Sean M. Doran
> Sent: June 23, 2001 11:31 AM
> To: nanog@merit.edu
> Subject: DDOS anecdotes
>

> Some of you may find http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm
> very interesting.

The rest of NANOG may, as we do, wonder why Mr. Gibson, after almost naming
us in that page (he didn't name _us_ directly, but left enough not-so-subtle
hints that both us and our users noticed us being mentioned), chose to brush
off our offers to help, claiming instead that he just wanted to move on and
forget about the whole thing. (I ought to mention that it took at least a
week to get a reply from Mr. Gibson)

We ended up concluding that Mr. Gibson's main goal is the distribution of
large quantities of FUD. It seems, I might add, that Mr. Gibson is
particularly successful at this remarkably valuable art.

Vivien
--

Can you elaborate further?

Tim