Re: Opinions about InterNAP

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Mon Jun 18 23:25:38 2001

In article <101513.154547.12017@avi.netaxs.com> you wrote:

: Filters depend on where you get your allocation.  We got 216.249.16.0/20
: from arin.  Since we're above the swamp, we have a greater chance of
: having any given /24 not be filtered.  Shortly after we got the
: allocation, I announced a single /24, and could cleanly traceroute to
: machines on that subnet from points behind sprint, verio, C&W, worldcom,
: etc.  Had we been given an allocation from 65/8 or another block in
: former-class-A space, we probably would've had problems.

You'd have to announce the /24 on a separate link and make sure traffic
came back to it.  Or, stop announcing the /20.  Hope this isn't insulting,
just make sure the test is good :)

: -j

Avi