Opinions about InterNAP

  • From: Seth M. Kusiak
  • Date: Wed Jun 13 14:45:41 2001

I've been told by many that most national providers filter any prefix greater then a /20 such as sprint and verio.

-Seth
David McGaugh writes:
/24's are sufficient to multihome with most if not all providers out
there. Why not conventionally multi-home to 2 large well established
providers?
-Dave
"Seth M. Kusiak" wrote:

Hi
We have a small network (5 /24ís) and we need to host our web applications
internally because they access backend servers that absolutely cannot be
collocated. I am thinking about getting 2 T1ís or fractional DS3ís from
InterNAP from different P-NAPS (1 from Philly and 1 from NY) each circuit
from a different CO
The reason that Iím thinking InterNAP is because we donít qualify for a /20
and we would not be able to efficiently multi-home. It seems that InterNAP
is perfect in our situation because they buy transit from multiple providers
and claim to not have any black holes in their network.
I hear many great things about InterNAP and I hear the opposite as well.
Any thoughts would GREATLY be appreciated
Thanks!
-Seth