Re: New list Top 10 ISPs

  • From: Pete Kruckenberg
  • Date: Tue Jun 12 21:50:58 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Rafi Sadowsky wrote:

> Well - I think Genuity is the #1 ISP - since they use AS
> 1 (They got AS1 when they bought(merged in ?) BBN ) and
> it's quite obvious that the ISP with the #1 Autonomous
> System is the best - right ? ( ;-)

The local Genuity folks gave me a very nice mouse pad, with
a huge "AS1" in about 80-pt letters very visible from a
distance.

Now I have people stopping by to ask who "ASS ONE" is. I
tell them it's Genuity, they're proud to be it, and in fact
they paid a whole bunch of money to become it, so they want
everyone to know. They advertise it to every Internet router
they can, especially their competitors'.

Just waiting for the ad campaign: "We Kick Genuity's AS"

Pete.