Re: /24s run amuck again

  • From: Simon Lyall
  • Date: Fri Jun 08 05:30:21 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Richard A. Steenbergen wrote:
> This mean over 57% of the routing table consists of /24s. So in order to
> facilitate getting this fixed, I have prepared a list of the worst
> offenders and their specific blocks which (most likely) have no reason for
> not being aggregated. If all of these entries could be aggregated (and I'm
> certain this simple script missed some), it would reduce the routing table
> by over 29,000 entries, to less the 78k. I think it's pretty obvious that
> a lot of these simply have no excuse.
>
> http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras/projects/ipaddr/24amuck.txt

I'd suggest you review your data. Checking our AS (7657) you list networks
we havn't had for 6 months advertised to a peer we havn't had for 3
months.

Not to mention you don't even list a bunch of /24s we are advertising
(for various reasons (not all good)).

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: simon.lyall@ihug.co.nz
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: simon@darkmere.gen.nz