Re: New peering criteria

  • From: Vijay Gill
  • Date: Wed Jun 06 17:15:53 2001
On 6 Jun 2001, Sean Donelan wrote:

> I agree, but how do you decide who is hurt more?

Turn off connectivity and see.

> And therefore who should be the vendor and who is the customer?

See above.

> Is the "bigger" network always the vendor, or is the network with more
> content the vendor, or the network with more eyeballs the vendor?  That's
> what I don't understand about the "balance" requirement.  Ok, so you know
> the traffic is imbalanced, but whose fault/hurt is it when traffic is
> imbalanced?  And who is responsible for "fixing" the imbalance in traffic?

> The simple answer is I'm the vendor and you are the customer, so you should
> pay me.

The simple answer is: Do the people you are selling to ask how your
connectivity to <Network A> is AND if Network A's sales people get asked
the same question about _your_ network.

If not, then giddy up and start following the "sales process (C) 2001 smd"

/vijay "time to put the peer back in peering" gill