Re: HTML-format postings

  • From: John Butler
  • Date: Wed Jun 06 14:55:05 2001

Thus spake Charles Scott (cscott@gaslightmedia.com):
>   No. I say we make it a requirement to use a text based mailer (pine?) to
> participate in this list. What else would a real network operator be
> using anyway?

A Real Network Operator can pick up a phone, vocalise the DTMF tones to
dial into a terminal server, and whistle at the remote modem such that it
handshakes and connects at a healthy V.90. He then attaches to a console
port on his Unix box, does the authentication math in his head in real
time, drops to root, and starts listening and sending directly on port 25.
He does this all from the comfort and convenience of his padded cell.

--John
  eeeeee-oooooo-ack-er-ack-er-ack..hxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxbloophxhxpoioioingxhxx