Re: Internet Traffic Discovery?

  • From: Steve Goldstein
  • Date: Wed Jun 06 11:55:49 2001

At 10:54 AM -0400 6/6/01, Craig A. Haney wrote:
didn't we all already know this?

I thought that we "knew" that, according to self-similarity, burstiness would be seen at all levels of aggregation.

I wonder if scaling rules apply as the aggregation increases (backbones). That is, at high levels of aggregation, would we have to look at smaller time intervals to see the burstiness? Don't know if the Ball Labs folk did that.

--Steve