Rooted boxen and the law

  • From: Jamie Norwood
  • Date: Tue Jun 05 08:43:37 2001

I am just curious, in these days where every script kiddie with a few spare
hours is out cracking into every box in sight, what do you all do when it
happens? I know the isolate/reinstall stuff, I am specifically more interested
in administrative stuff. Do you log it? Report it to the police? FBI? Who?

Basically, I just had a box cracked, and have time to kill before I get
access to it to reinstall (Damn cheap colo provider...) and am wondering
if I should just reinstall and get on with life, or if I should be covering
my ass, since I have things on their that will make me unhappy if they are
taken and released to the public domaine (Reg codes for software and the
like.)

Let me know!

Jamie