North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Re: C&W Peering (and nTH Percentile Unite!)
- From: James Thomason
- Date: Tue Jun 05 02:04:19 2001
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Christopher A. Woodfield wrote:
> Could you explain how the PSI/C&W peering fracas has /anything/ to do with
> Nth percentile billing?
Sure, allow me to connect the dots.
1. The existence of common "peering" relationships can be attributed to
the lack of any standard basis for a transaction in the Internet
2. The existence of nTH percentile billing can be attributed to the lack
of any standard basis for a transaction in the Internet environment.
1. The PSI/CW scenario is a relfection of an inequitable
relationship. Stand in awe of the effeciency.
2. nTH percentile billing is a reflection of a hierarchy of inequitable
At least, thats my opinion.