Re: C&W Peering Problem?

  • From: Christopher A. Woodfield
  • Date: Fri Jun 01 16:47:02 2001

It wouldn't suprise me if C&W dropped GlobalCenter as a peering partner,
given GC's focus on datacenters and web/server farms generating mostly
"push" traffic - I didn't see this as an explicit requirement, but less
clueful backbones (Genuity, PSI, and now C&W) do tend to drop peering
sessions with other backbones that push far more traffic than they pull.

BTW, I just noticed that the Exodus/GC merger went through (at least,
www.globalcenter.com brings up Exodus's front page). When did this happen?

-C

--
Christopher A. Woodfield		rekoil@semihuman.com