Re: dsl providers that will route /24

  • From: Scott Francis
  • Date: Fri Mar 30 00:10:41 2001

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 06:40:09PM -0800, David Schwartz had this to say:
>It's less secure if peoplee can spoof packets without detection. Filtering
> is one means of solving this problem. There are others. Filtering is not a
> perfect solution, there are others that are even better than filtering, they
> just take more work.

I personally prefer omniscience as a solution; however, it seems to be
difficult to come by and is unsupported by most major vendors.

--
Scott Francis           scott@   [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst     darkuncle@   [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t