RE: Microwave...

  • From: Paul Lantinga
  • Date: Tue Mar 27 22:35:39 2001

Title: RE: Microwave...

I recall that when I was working in Bangalore, India, another multinational company (I think it was Siemens but I can't recall definitively) had to poison the vultures that consistently perched on their microwave dish to get reliable point to point.  Given the complete non-regulation of spectrum out there, at least once we had another provider clash with our spectrum[1], forcing us to flip the dips until we found a clear one.  However, when it worked, it was incredibly solid.

Chocolate bars in India were usually melted already when you bought them.  ;)

[1] Sometimes they would clash physically with us when they mounted extra dishes on the tower in the downtown location - as in, some guy standing on our dish to mount his.

--
Paul LANtinga
Q9 Networks, Inc.