Advice on colo locations in SJC

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Fri Mar 23 05:36:37 2001

All,

I'm just trying to work out a plan for building my network into the SJC
area. (I've got LA sorted - it looks like 1 Wilshire is the place to be -
or nearby!).

I'll be needing to hook up to MAE-West ATM, and to PAIX, bringing in
long-haul backbone circuits (from LA and probably an alternate route from
NY), and hopping out a few local circuits to the Bay area. Initially I'd
be looking for just 1 or two racks to house routers, but longer term would
need access to a larger colo space if we build a server farm. All colo
should be "neutral" where possible.

MAE-W looks to be in 55 South Market, SJ, and a few people seem to have
colo available there. Is that a good place to be? Any better suggestions?

Thanks,

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516