RE: Statements against new.net?

  • From: Jeff Workman
  • Date: Fri Mar 16 12:24:49 2001

OK here's an idea, everybody:

Since new.net (and others) seem to want to blatantly ignore the standards set forth by the IETF, ICANN, and others, why don't we "bend" the standards and stack the deck in our own favor? Let's all make our own DNS servers authoritative for "new.net." And, to prevent people from finding out the IP addresses and getting to new.net that way, either blackhole the routes, or add host routes on your LAN that points to some www server/page that points out why what new.net is doing is a Bad Thing.

We need new TLDs in order to support the growth of the internet. However, we don't need to do it the way new.net is, and they need to be nipped in the bud.

Jeff

--
"...and the burnt fool's bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the
fire." -Joe Zeff in the SDM.