Re: new.net

  • From: Scott Gifford
  • Date: Fri Mar 09 13:13:37 2001

richb@pioneer.ci.net writes:

> Corporate entities should be *required* to register in the flat dot-com
> namespace, IMHO, and not be *allowed* names in any other namespace.

I like the idea of creating a new ".tm" TLD (or something less likely
to conflict with a CCTLD), and requiring anybody who wants trademark
protection to register there; everything else is a free-for-all, as it
pretty much is now.  Let them have their little trademark disputes
over there, and let less litigious heads rule in the other TLDs.

-----ScottG.