Re: new.net

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Thu Mar 08 17:31:01 2001

At 05:05 PM 3/8/2001 -0500, you wrote:

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Whats international trademark+patent arrangements say about this?
> See, .com is not all US-registered, and so if you were going to do
> something like this, where do non-US people fit in here?

I think that's precisely the issue at hand.  How does one administer a
global flat name-space, given the lack of any global entity with the
authority to do so?

Rich, it's called the Internet. Things happen without a NATO for ISPs or users.

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan                    hannigan@fugawi.net
Fugawi Networks                    Engineering