Re: new.net: yet another dns namespace overlay play

  • From: bert hubert
  • Date: Tue Mar 06 21:18:11 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 11:30:18PM -0800, Steve Rubin wrote:

> I thought VC's started doing research before handing out $$?  If this was
> 1999, it wouldn't surprise me.  But my god, you would think these fools
> would learn.  Anyone want to start a free colocation facility?  Free dial,
> free colo, whats the difference.  I'm sure whoever funded New.net will
> fund us!

If you get IE to support these newfangled fake TLDs, noone will know the
difference. The only thing that wouldn't work for >95% of the internet would
be email.

Get hotmail and yahoo to support it, and the rest of the world is forced to
go along.

This is no joke - it's an expensive gamble, which is what VCs are good at.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com      Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People