Re: Warning: Cisco RW community backdoor.

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Tue Feb 27 08:15:09 2001

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001, Jim Duncan wrote:

> As a side note, this is a problem with the standards.  In particular,
> how the standards _require_ a function to be implemented.

<TONGUE LOCATION="CHEEK">
  Now, if only all other standards were implemented so faithfully
  by all the vendors ..
</TONGUE>

:-)

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

And yes, we received a call at work from our cisco rep outlining the
bug a few days ago. That was really nice of them. Well done guys.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd		"The fact you can download a 100 megabyte file
<adrian@creative.net.au>  from half way around the world should be viewed