Re:Update for noc .nl problem..

  • From: CARL P HIRSCH
  • Date: Fri Feb 23 16:43:54 2001
  • P1-message-id: us*infonet*slchicago;3a96d6ed6d49000infonet88

I'm curious - how many ISPs hold to this kind of policy of being tight-lipped
until subpoenaed?

Personally, I'm kind of glad to see this response from @home. I know I would
want to see an ISP I used do the same thing if confronted by The Law. Maybe
that's just the Bill of Rights lover in me.

Having said that, it sucks that they're forcing you to get the lawyers and the
cops involved. I'd often prefer to see things handled on an informal basis of
professional courtesy. Especially when real damage is done such as in your case.

-carl hirsch
network analyst
sargent & lundy llc