Re: rfc 1918?

  • From: Andrew Brown
  • Date: Fri Feb 23 02:31:26 2001

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 06:05:12PM -0500, Shawn McMahon wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 03:38:56PM -0500, Chris Davis wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know why I get inbound packets from 10.x.x.x coming from my ISP,
>> UUNet?
>
>Because they aren't filtering properly.
>
>You can solve it by filtering yourself.

indeed.  i fought with uunet a couple of years ago about this.  after
about a dozen phone calls, countless emails (including a few megabytes
of packet dumps), and who knows how many people, i finally reached
someone at uunet who was willing to say "no, we don't filter that
stuff and no, we aren't going to".

*sigh*

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|