Re: rfc 1918?

  • From: John Hawkinson
  • Date: Thu Feb 22 17:46:27 2001

> > > There are good reasons to want to get those packets (traceroutes from
> > > people who have numbered their networks in rfc1918 networks,
>
> No John, there are exactly zero reasons, good or otherwise, for allowing
> any traffic with RFC-1918 source addresses to traverse any part of the
> public Internet.  Period!  :-)

You are being religious, and I shall not descend into this sort of
discussion with you. It is simply non productive nor professional.

I disagree, and believe that other reasonable people do so as well,
and there is therefore argument over this issue. People should not
assert canonicity upon it. End of story.

--jhawk