Re: Beer and Gear surprise

  • From: John M . Brown
  • Date: Wed Feb 21 16:42:46 2001

I don't think people come to NANOG for "suitcases of stuff".
In fact I don't even think the orig. poster stated that
he was looking for a suitcase of stuff.

Yes, people come to NANOG and Beer-n-gear for clue.  Another
part is some of the trinkets.

Don't tell me you have NEVER taken a t-shirt home from a
NANOG beer-n-gear vendor.

To have MERIT change the ability to hand out trinkets without
consulting the group is, I think a bit rude.

When Beer-n-Gear first started (NANOG 12, hosted by my company)
it was intended to allow t-shirts and other trinkets to be given
out.

There is a bad apple or two in the NANOG/MERIT group and it
doesn't seem to get fixed.  That person needs to be checked
back into realitiy.

I think the heart of the matter is MERIT making changes without
informing the group.

Remember its mostly little things that upset people.