Monitoring/Trending Software -- Which Package(s) do you use?

  • From: Lee Watterworth
  • Date: Tue Feb 20 17:51:52 2001

Title: Monitoring/Trending Software -- Which Package(s) do you use?

Hi there.

I have been handed the task of finding a monitoring/trending package for our network and systems.

I will be looking at the package's collection mechanism for flexibility (snmp gets, traps, rmon), and the variety/configurability of the reports it can produce.  The package should be able to provide (configurable) alerts when threshholds are met/surpassed.

I have been evaluating Concord's eHealth Suite, and would like to evaluate other options before I commit to a particular package.

Any feedback would be great.

-Lee.