Re: RED deployment testing

  • From: John Kristoff
  • Date: Tue Feb 20 11:23:12 2001

> I have a related Question, what OID are you using to display Dropped
> Packets??

A number of people have asked me how to monitor dropped packets so
rather than answer another either...

.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.19.n (or just ifOutDiscards.n) where n is the
interface number.  What would really be nice is if I could do trending
on the queue length (ifOutQLen), if anyone has any ideas on how to
systematically monitor that, I'd be interested in hearing how you it is
done.

John