Peering contract, needed or optional?

  • From: Wolfgang Tremmel
  • Date: Tue Feb 20 05:29:53 2001
  • Disposition-notification-to: "Wolfgang Tremmel" <w.tremmel@vianetworks.de>

Hello,

I just had a discussion with our legal advisor whether it is necessary or
not to sign a peering contract with every (little) peering partner.

I know that a lot of the big ones require these contracts and I don't have
a problem with that, my opinion just is that a contract with a peer who
announces one /19 is not really necessary.

Another question is if there has ever been any lawsuit about peering...

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Tremmel
VIA NET.WORKS Deutschland GmbH,     Bismarckstrasse  120,      D-47057