RE: Systemic problems at Verizon

  • From: deeann mikula
  • Date: Sat Feb 17 11:38:51 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Richard Welty wrote:

> Steve Sobol <sjsobol@NorthShoreTechnologies.net>
>
> > I've never, ever had trouble with Ameritech ISDN,
>
> ISDN, now there's a technology that NYNEX/Bell Atlantic/Verizon
> has never been able to get right in the Northeast. Never, never,
> never, never, never. there are rumors of working ISDN in some

whoa.  my experience is completely the oposite.  (in BA/verizon
country, in pittsburgh PA.)

i love my dedicated ISDN clients!  we have about 15 or so still left,
and their connections are rock solid!  in my 3 years of managing the
dedicated access customers, i've probably dealt with less than 10
instances of real trouble with those lines.  (ie: not solved by
resynching the isdn routers, but requiring calling in a bell tech.)

well, except for when we switched a few ISDN customers to adelphia...

deeann m.m. mikula
director of operations

telerama public access internet
http://www.telerama.com