Re: BGP Question - how do work around pigheaded ISPs

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Mon Feb 12 00:27:11 2001

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 07:28:23PM -0800, Craig A. Huegen wrote:
> * How many of the very large providers have developed the capabilities to,
>   or even want to, manage a large amount of addressing manipulation at
>   the massive amount of peer/transit borders across their entire
>   network?

In the case of exactly the same global path... announce the less specific
to the ISP along with the more specifics with the no-export community.

How many large ISPs are *not* honouring communities like that from their
customers?

--
John Payne      http://www.sackheads.org/jpayne/    john@sackheads.org
http://www.sackheads.org/uce/                    Fax: +44 870 0547954