Re: Cisco Flash help needed

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Fri Feb 09 10:29:59 2001

>Anyone know if there's already something like this for NT? :)

No - although now I've done the work of working out the format, I'm sure
someone will do it.

>What exactly is the purpose anyway?  Extra storage?  If so, how fast can
>the labtop write/read to the flash?

The purpose is to avoid having to use tftp to get files on/off the cisco.
The laptop can read the cards at the same speed as the cisco.

>What is the biggest size of a flash
>anyone ever seen?

The biggest I've got is 20M

> I only saw 110M card before.

I think you get up into the PCMCIA hard drives at those capacities.

>While we are on the subject, is there way to look at the source code of the
>cisco ios?

Yes - go work for Cisco ;)

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516