single NIC stats monitoring tool

  • From: Andy Grosser
  • Date: Thu Feb 08 15:51:47 2001

Hi there,

I realize this is probably a little simplistic for this list, but a
colleague asked me if I knew of a tool that would monitor real-time
traffic going through a box's NIC card.  I know there's NT's performance
monitor, but that seems more useful for things like CPU utilization.

I used perfmon (or something like that) on Solaris some time ago, but
this person's interested in running stats on his 3C905 card on his NT box.
The 3Com site wasn't very helpful.

Please reply off-list.  And I promise I'll cease the inane questions.  :-)

Thanks in advance.

---
Andy Grosser
andy@conrad.harvard.edu

(The above comments are my own; Harvard University
 claims no responsibility for them.)
---