Re: /24's run amuck?

  • From: Richard A. Steenbergen
  • Date: Tue Feb 06 21:00:39 2001

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Christian Nielsen wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Richard A. Steenbergen wrote:
>
> > ASN:   3967 routes:   8170 Exodus Communications
>
> The total number of routes for 3967 is under 1400 routes.
>
> 1316 at my last count.

To be fair to Exodus, these numbers for transit projections came from
Gblx+Nac.net transit, and NAC in turn gets transit from Exodus and others,
so the "worldview" is quite biased.

Thats the problem with transit views, in order to be unbiased you need a
transit-free extensive-peering view. I already asked 6461 (AboveNet) for
such a view for research purposes and my request was denied, perhaps
another tier-1 would like to help?

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras