Re: California Seizes Power Contracts

  • From: Bradley Dunn
  • Date: Tue Feb 06 02:20:18 2001

At 10:29 PM 2/5/2001 -0800, Brian wrote:

Seize is really a poor word choice by the article's author imho.  They all
just wanna scare the crap out of us..
We should be scared. California's power industry is being nationalized.

Regarding the word choice, "seize" is accurate. The Governor himself used the word when he stole SoCal Edison's contracts last week:
http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/010202/n0261195.html
"I am using my emergency powers to seize options to buy very inexpensive power that would otherwise be lost forever," Davis said in a statement.

No, you can't configure your router for that. Sorry for the non-operational content.

Bradley