Re: Vixie doing his part to make people upgrade (was:Re: Reasonswhy BIND isn't being upgraded)

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Mon Feb 05 13:53:18 2001

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> I'm not saying that Above.net is doing a bad thing when they're scanning
> their customers for vulnerable named version, I'm saying they're doing
> something wrong when filtering ORBS.

This has been discussed. This has also been discussed wrt Time-Warner
RoadRunner's refusal to allow ORBS to scan. RR also does their own internal
security testing, including testing for open relays.

AboveNet is not doing anything wrong, nor is RoadRunner, and this has already
been discussed to death on SPAM-L. Can we please talk about something else?
Thanks.

--
Steve Sobol, BOFH, President    888.480.4NET 866.DSL.EXPRESS 216.619.2NET
North Shore Technologies Corporation   http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net