Re: Reasons why BIND isn't being upgraded

  • From: Jeffrey Meltzer
  • Date: Sun Feb 04 08:29:46 2001

> > And, since they're commercial organizations using BIND in a commercial
> > aspect, I think they can cough up the money.

That's precisely the point.  Even if they wanted to, ISC is saying they
can't.  They're choosing who they think are important, or "critical".

I'm curious as to why ISC considers Sun, HP, etc more important to get the
information to Worldcom, Cable & Wireless, etc.

Is it because Sun, etc pay ISC licensing fees to distribute the software?