Little survey: What do people use to backup configurations ?

  • From: Ulf Zimmermann
  • Date: Fri Feb 02 19:38:35 2001

A while back when I was at SGI, I wrote my own scripts, using expect
and tftp to backup configurations of Cisco routers. Configs then were
put into rcs. Now before I am resurecting those scripts again for my
current job, what are people using to backup equipment, things such
as Cisco routers (26xx, 36xx, 72xx, 75xx, MSFC, RSM) and Cisco Catalyst
switches (2924XL, 3548XL, 4000, 5000, 6500) ?

What I am trying to archive is at least a daily backup, with again
some version control to be able what changed between days.

--
Regards, Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-769-2936
Alameda Networks, Inc. | http://www.Alameda.net  | Fax#: 510-521-5073