Re: Cheapest ethernet switch with monitor/mirror port?

  • From: Henry Yen
  • Date: Mon Oct 23 00:50:46 2000

On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 11:28:27AM -0400, Stewart MacLund wrote:
> 	Hm.  I looked at both the Cisco 3548 and the Intel 460T.  In my case,
> at least, the Cisco was cheaper per port, even with the Enterprise
> software load on the Cisco...

www.datacommwarehouse.com lists the 3548 with enterprise s/w at $3,630US.
a 16-port 460t lists for $830US. a 24-port 460t lists for $1110US.
cheaper out of the box as well as cheaper per port, or did i miss something?

what price are you finding for a cisco3548?

it appears allied telesyn has a 24-port fully managed switch for $740
(AT-8126XL-10), as well as a 16-port model (AT-8118), and although
i'd be surprised if port monitoring weren't a feature, the a-t website
doesn't seem to specifically mention it.

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York