ATM Question

  • From: Richard Inhand
  • Date: Fri Oct 06 07:53:49 2000

I'm currently looking into a weird problem at an ATM
peering point on the West Coast, when I ping from my
peer router to any of my peers I get some but not
total packet loss, when I ping from one router back or
use the loopback interface as source things are fine.
Whereas, with all my other ATM peering point routers,
for example at MAE-EAST I can ping my peers cleanly
from the same router. This isn't (to my knowledge)
affecting traffic just wondering why this strange
phenomenon should occur only in the one place.

Any body else had any similar problems?

Richard Hand