Informational Message - IP Addr Change for j.gtld-servers.net

  • From: Rippe, Mark
  • Date: Thu Oct 05 17:13:58 2000

Normally, Brad Verd posts these messages. I am posting this on Brad's behalf
since he is half way around the world, and I don't wish to wake him, but I
want to ensure those who do care get some advance notice. This is
informational only, and should not require any action. Apologies in advance
to those who are not interested.

Informational message:

Effective for the zones with serial number 2000100501, the IP address for
j.gtld-servers.net (currently 198.41.0.21) will change to 210.132.100.101.

This will not require any change to the root name server hints file and the
old
j.gtld-servers.net will continue to answer queries for at least a week.
The purpose of this change is to move j.gtld-servers.net from its
temporary location in Virginia to its permanent location in Tokyo, Japan.
With this change, the authoritative servers for com/net/org will be:

A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET.     198.41.0.4
G.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.     198.41.3.101
E.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.     207.200.81.69
F.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.     198.17.208.67