Re: Comparison of provider's network status access

  • From: Paul Froutan
  • Date: Wed May 31 14:01:52 2000

At 5/31/00 -0700, Sean Donelan wrote:

On Tue, 30 May 2000, jlewis@lewis.org wrote:
> On 26 May 2000, Sean Donelan wrote:
>
> > Sprint - Has a web site describing scheduled and emergency maintenance
> >          mailing lists.  Scheduled maintenance mailing list has some
> >          messages, but I've never seen a message about an outage on the
> >          emergency maintenance list.
>
> I get almost (sometimes more than) daily outage notices on
> outage@sprint.net.  IIRC, they had a link to subscribe on their web site.

I subscribed, my sprint salesperson verified I subscribed, I also subscribed
to the DALnet copy of the sprint list.  No notices.  No one at sprint seemed
very interested in figuring out why, and now I'm no longer a Sprint customer
I'm not very interested now either.

I really like that logic. :)  Maybe someday the big boys will be interested.

Paul Froutan                              Email: pfroutan@rackspace.com
Rackspace, Ltd                       <
http://www.rackspace.com>