Network Solutions

  • From: VIIS Network Operations Center
  • Date: Thu May 25 17:50:01 2000

A customer just informed us of this lovely NetSol behavior. I've removed the
standard disclaimer for readability:

[grant@bismarck grant]$ whois viis.net@whois.networksolutions.com
[whois.networksolutions.com]
[No name] (GC3865)              HOLD-PAY

[grant@bismarck grant]$ whois yahoo.com@whois.networksolutions.com
[whois.networksolutions.com]
Sorry, you shouldn't see this record.

[grant@bismarck grant]$ whois infoseek.com@whois.networksolutions.com
[whois.networksolutions.com]
[No name] (GC6326)              COM

[grant@bismarck grant]$ whois cnn.com@whois.networksolutions.com
[whois.networksolutions.com]

Registrant:
101 S. Brookside, #2011
Dallas, TX 75214
US (ID?)

   Domain Name: 21-May-1999

   Technical Contact:
      [No name]  (JL18363)  [No mailbox]
[No address]
      JL18363

   Garbled updated date         .

[grant@bismarck grant]$ whois excite.com@whois.networksolutions.com
[whois.networksolutions.com]
[No name] (ID?)                 [No mailbox]

   Garbled updated date         .

This behavior seems to exist on NetSol's site as well.... it seems to be
different for every domain that I try. Random handles, garbled data, and the
lovely "Sorry, you shouldn't see this record." for yahoo.com.

Grant

--
Grant A. Kirkwood - Vision Imaging Internet Services
email: grant@viis.net web: http://www.viis.net/