Re: IGPs and services?

  • From: Brandon Ross
  • Date: Thu May 18 20:42:33 2000

On Thu, 18 May 2000 Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

> In addition, there's the routing table size issue - I had an NTP server
> that erroneously got Path MTU Discovery turned on.  Debugging routing
> table problems is.. um... interesting... when you have 4,000+ static
> host routes (nothing like watching the DNS burp because you said
> 'netstat -r' rather than '-r -n' ;)

What platform adds static routes in response to PMTU discovery?  I've
never seen that before.  What purpose does it serve to add statics?  Some
kind of caching of MTU per destination?

Brandon Ross                                                 404-522-5400
VP Engineering, NetRail                            http://www.netrail.net
AIM:  BrandonNR                                             ICQ:  2269442
Read RFC 2644!
Stop Smurf attacks!  Configure your router interfaces to block directed
broadcasts. See http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.cgi for details.