Re: Private ASN suppression

  • From: Tony Mumm
  • Date: Tue May 16 14:53:29 2000

I believe you can configure the Versalar router to perform
this function.  Just setup the announce policy to not
use BGP routes as a possible route source, so that it will
not check to see if an AS_path already exists.  Then use
advertise lists on the policy to announce the route even if
its in the routing table or not.  The NLRI to the customer
should not matter, since you are the only route in.

I've used this to avoid an AS set sneaking into our announcement
when someone bleeds more specific routes out on the Internet.

Considering how many unique designs there are out there, someone
probably wants this.

I don't mean to take the vendor specific route...but this info
might be useful...

(tm)

 "Howard C. Berkowitz" <hcb@clark.net>
    wrote