Re: CIDR Report

  • From: Rodney L Caston
  • Date: Mon May 15 19:51:25 2000

Giving this some thought, (something i never do before posting to nanog
nromally), I assume initally only the larger ISPs would opt for such a
purchase of that magnatude, lets say these new routers go into production,
and only the largest ISPs buy them, now we have largest ISPs listening to
the annoucements of /24s in space normally disallowed, now over time other
ISPs will still refuse to listen to those annoucements except for the ones
with these new magical routers. Consider that for a moment, Quickly
customers will ditch their ISP for one of the few who will annouce and
will listen to the networks. Image the Markering Dept nightmare with ISPs
claiming to be able to "Route more of the net then our competitor. This is
why we have policy disallowing this, if ISPs aren't on the same page, this
sort of nonsense scenario would happen, since we do have policy, and a
ounce of sense, this scenario should never happen. The net must route, but
lets all do it the same way, shall we?