Re: Optical Crossconnects and IP

  • From: Vijay Gill
  • Date: Sun May 14 18:14:31 2000

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Danny McPherson wrote:

> Indeed.  Especially considering the potential introduction of transient
> fowarding loops when attempting to utilize pre-computed backup "links"
> in a vanilla DA-based packet-switched network.

I don't care about transient loop induction while in the process of
converging. That problem is much harder to solve.  What I do care about is
a table like the following handed to the NOC/operational folks.

In case link A is down:
 If nothing else is wrong: type in the following.....
 If link B is down: type in the following.....
 If link C is also down: type in the following...
 If link C is down, but B is up .....

I sense combinatorials and other unpleasantness lurking.

/vijay