Re: off-topic rant Re: product liability (was: Virus Update)

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Tue May 09 20:40:04 2000

brad reynolds wrote:

> microsoft doesn't hold a gun to anyone's head, microsoft seems to provide
> patches for their software when bugs are found.

I find that in general this is true.

However, what makes MS Internet client software dangerous is not
bugginess (most of the time) but instead MS's stubborn refusal to
admit that there are certain basic security procedures that software
authors should follow to help ensure safe surfing for their users.

That having been said, I agree with Brad that all the talk about
lawsuits is pointless.

> and this is off topic, so i will stop.

and this is the only thing I will post on this topic.

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH
http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net