Re: Hot Air Balloon Event at NANOG

  • From: Howard C. Berkowitz
  • Date: Tue May 09 17:23:43 2000

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 12:20:59 -0600
From: "John M. Brown" <jmbrown@ihighway.net>
To: nanog@merit.edu
Subject: Hot Air Balloon Event at NANOG
Sender: owner-nanog@merit.edu

New Mexico is the Balloon Capital of the world.  Each year
hundreds of Hot Air Balloons come to New Mexico for the
annual Balloon Fiesta.
Please be precise in your definition. I concede the balloon title, but we in the Washington metropolitan area still retain the edge on hot air itself.

Ottawa, for its size, is a powerful contender for the hot air title. Perhaps we need heavyweight and lightweight classes.

Normally that takes place in October.

Several local balloon people are offering rides to
NANOG Members :).

The cost will be somewhere around $75 to $85 per person.
Rides will be last about 20 or more minutes.

This needs to happen in the EARLY morning.

If you are interested please send me PRIVATE email and
I'll forward the specific details.

All of this depends on local weather conditions.

jmbrown