Re: Optical Crossconnects and IP

  • From: Tony Mumm
  • Date: Mon May 08 17:29:54 2000

It seems that the goal is to apply IP packets right onto the
lambda windows.  But without any ability to provide IP QoS,
it seems like a point of diminishing return.

Hop-by-hop routing is on its way out....and not soon enough.

As for reinventing the virtual circuit, I don't think we can
get much lower than this.

-tm

 Vadim Antonov <avg@kotovnik.com>
    wrote