Re: uuencoded Love Worm variant

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Fri May 05 15:23:30 2000

My Outlook Express happily presented his uuencoded file just like any other
attachment, which it then offerred (no thanks) to execute for me.  Whether
attachments are MIME or UUE makes no difference to modern MUAs.

(No) thanks to Eric Conrad for intentionally sending us a live virus; I'd
managed to not get any copies so far.

     |          |         Stephen Sprunk, K5SSS, CCIE #3723
    :|:        :|:        Network Consulting Engineer, NSA
   :|||:      :|||:       14875 Landmark Blvd #400; Dallas, TX
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.    Email: ssprunk@cisco.com