uuencoded Love Worm variant

  • From: Eric Conrad
  • Date: Fri May 05 13:50:28 2000

I caught one of these uuencoded 'in the wild'.  It would have slipped
through my filters if not for the standard Subject: line.

---<snip>---
kindly check the attached LOVELETTER coming from me.

begin 666 LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs
---<snip>---

I've since updated my filters to catch uuencodes as well.

On a lighter note, a clueless gateway forwarded 6 copies of the worm with
the following helpful banner attached:

kindly check the attached LOVELETTER coming from me.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by the
latest virus scan software available for the presence of computer viruses.

------_=_NextPart_000_01BFB683.1FF56E54 Content-Type:
application/octet-stream;
        name="LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs"

--<snip>---